One of the most devastating types of accidents to be injured in is a Louisville motorcycle accident. Whether another driver was negligent by violating traffic laws or not sharing the road safely, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries you have sustained. A Louisville auto accident lawyer can help.
However, if you want to protect your claim, then you should know what to do after your motorcycle accident. It could mean the difference in winning or losing your case. It could also affect what types of damages you are able to recover.
Here are 5 things you should do after a Louisville motorcycle accident:
- seek immediate medical attention and follow through on the doctor/surgeon's instructions or treatment plan;
- file a police or accident report (be sure to get a copy as soon as possible);
- gather any evidence that will help in your case (photographs of injuries or accident scene, medical records and expenses, lost wages);
- get as much contact information as you can on the other driver and any witnesses to the accident; and
- consult with a lawyer who has experience with motorcycle accidents.
To better understand what to do after a Louisville motorcycle accident, you should immediately consult with a Louisville auto accident lawyer.
Contacting a Louisville Auto Accident Lawyer
A Louisville auto accident lawyer at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Louisville motorcycle accident claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210- 8942.