After a Louisville motorcycle accident, there are things you should and shouldn't do that could impact the outcome of your case. A Louisville auto accident lawyer will take the time to sit down with you and discuss your personal injury case. A lawyer can explain the process of filing a claim and how you can best protect it.
Here are 5 things you shouldn't do after a motorcycle accident:
- refuse medical treatment or not follow the treatment plan advised by a doctor;
- decide to not to file a police or accident report;
- discuss the accident with those involved, including admitting fault or assigning fault to someone else;
- agree to a recorded statement or release medical records to the insurance company; and
- pursue a claim for your injuries on your own (without legal representation).
Any one of these actions could jeopardize your case. It could either minimize the damages you are entitled to or increase your liability in the motorcycle accident.
You should consult with a Louisville auto accident lawyer to better understand what to do after a Louisville motorcycle accident and how you can protect your legal rights.
Contacting a Louisville Auto Accident Lawyer
A Louisville auto accident lawyer at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Louisville motorcycle accident claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210- 8942.