Restraints can lead to serious injuries when used on a resident and may be considered a type of nursing home abuse in Kentucky. If your loved one was injured by a caregiver or facility, then you should consult with a Kentucky nursing home law firm to learn how you can protect their legal rights.
Here are 5 ways to battle restraint usage in a Kentucky nursing home:
- utilize positioning devices such as foam pillows, padded furniture and body cushions;
- pay regular attention to residents' needs (toileting, food, socializing);
- change the layout of the physical environment so that staff can better observe the residents;
- install bed/chair/door alarms that alert staff when a resident has moved or needs assistance; and
- provide a more relaxing, comfortable environment for the residents (appropriate lighting, soothing music, minimizing noise).
There are many other measures that can be taken that don't necessitate the use of restraints. The use of restraints is one type of nursing home abuse in Kentucky that can lead to injuries. To learn if you have a legitimate claim worth pursuing after a loved one has been injured in a nursing home facility, you will want to speak with a Kentucky nursing home abuse law firm.
Contacting a Kentucky Nursing Home Abuse Law Firm
A Kentucky nursing home abuse law firm at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your nursing home abuse claim. If your loved one has been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.