Nursing home abuse is a horrible crime that affects thousands of families across the country. If someone in your family is experiencing abuse in a Kentucky nursing home, talk to a Kentucky nursing home law firm to see what kinds of legal action you can take to hold the caretakers responsible for their behavior.
Signs of Abuse in a Kentucky Nursing Home
The signs and effects of abuse depend upon what type of abuse is going on:
- Physical - Any bodily injury or pain is considered physical abuse, which may include acts of violence, excessive restraints, administering drugs inappropriately or force-feeding.
- Sexual - Any non-consensual sexual activity is abuse, including coerced nudity and explicit photography.
- Psychological - Anguish or emotional pain through verbal or non-verbal acts can be considered psychological or emotional abuse; this includes insults, threats, intimidation, harassment, isolation and humiliation.
- Neglect - Failing to fulfill caretaking duties is considered neglect and can include failing to provide adequate food, water, shelter, hygiene, medicine, safety and comfort.
- Abandonment - When a caretaker deserts an elderly person who is in his or her charge, it's considered abandonment.
- Financial - Any inappropriate use of an elderly person's assets is financial abuse, which can include acts such as stealing, coercing or improper power of attorney use.
If you suspect abuse in a Kentucky nursing home, immediately contact a Kentucky nursing home law firm to take legal action against dishonest and abusive caregivers.
Contacting a Kentucky Nursing Home Attorney
Look for signs and effects of abuse if you suspect foul activity in a nursing home. A Louisville Kentucky nursing home attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky nursing home claim. If you believe someone you love has been the victim of abuse or neglect, contact us today for a FREE, no-commitment evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.