The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that there are an increasing number of injuries resulting from holiday decorating and decorations. The good news is that injuries and deaths from candle and Christmas tree fires are down; however, other type of injuries—such as falls from ladders while putting up lights or cuts from glass ornaments shattering—are up.
Here is some holiday decorating safety tips to keep in mind:
- when putting up or taking down lights, make sure the ladder you are using is sturdy;
- keep Christmas trees away from vents, radiators, space heaters, fireplaces and other types of heat sources;
- never leave a candle unattended or close to something that can catch fire;
- don’t burn wrapping paper in the fireplace;
- turn off lights before going to bed or leaving house;
- examine each set of lights to check for damage; and
- avoid decorations that could injure children (small pieces, breakable, sharp).
If someone else’s careless or reckless actions have resulted in you or a loved one sustaining serious injuries, you could be entitled to compensation. Seek out a Louisville, KY personal injury lawyer to learn what your rights are and if you have a valid claim worth pursuing.
Contacting a Louisville, KY Personal Injury Lawyer
A Louisville, KY personal injury lawyer at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.