Bayer has marketed its Mirena intrauterine device as a hassle-free way for women to receive birth control. However, many women have reported that the device is anything but hassle-free, causing complications, injuries, and even permanent side effects.
The Mirena IUD consists of a small, T-shaped plastic device that releases a continuous dose of levonorgestrel, the hormone commonly found in most oral birth controls. This hormone thickens the membrane of mucous lining the uterus, making it less likely for sperm entering the uterus to penetrate the ovum, as well as decreasing the motility of the sperm. While this may reduce a woman’s chances of pregnancy, the device itself came under fire from numerous women who claim that Bayer released a flawed product into the market, using convenience as a marketing tactic.
Complaints that have been filed against the Bayer corporation include:
- Misrepresentation of the benefits of the Mirena IUD
- Failure to warn users of dangerous and potentially fatal side effects
- Understating the prevalence of side effects, complications, and failure rates
- Deceptive marketing tactics
- Breach of implied and expressed warranties
- Purposeful concealment of the harmful side effects of the device
- Failure to properly warn patients of the dangers associated with the device
- Failure to provide adequate instructions with the device
- Willfully designing, producing, selling, and distributing a defective product
Women who have experienced injuries from the Mirena IUD, including migration of the device, uterine perforation, or loss of fertility, may benefit from a claim against the manufacturer. Our Kentucky Mirena IUD attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills and pain and suffering—and we will not charge you anything unless we win your case.
Call the trusted attorneys at Gray and White today at (800) 634-8767 to begin your FREE consultation.