Any medication comes with a risk of side effects, including over-the-counter products you pick up at your Louisville pharmacy, such as aspirin. When you choose to take a medication, you have to weigh the benefits and the risks.
More than 1,000 lawsuits have been brought against the producers of the NuvaRing contraceptive device. Here are the possible risks and side effects as stated on Merck’s NuvaRing website.
- Risks of NuvaRing
- Blood clots
- Heart attacks
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Cancer of the reproductive organs and breast
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver tumors
- Lipid metabolism and inflammation of the pancreas
- Possible Side Effects of NuvaRing
Common Side Effects
- Vaginal infections and irritation
- Vaginal secretion
- Weight gain
Additional Side Effects
- Change in appetite
- Abdominal cramps and bloating
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Temporary infertility after treatment
- Fluid retention (edema)
- Spotty darkening of the skin, particularly on the face
- Weight changes
- Intolerance to contact lenses
- Loss of scalp hair
All right, then—who wants a prescription for NuvaRing?
If you are suffering the side effects of NuvaRing or another vaginal ring contraceptive device, you are one of many. Contact the Louisville class action litigation lawyers at Gray and White Law. Call us at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456 and set up a FREE, no-obligation, confidential consultation to consider whether you should join the multidistrict litigation against NuvaRing.