While no two brain injuries are the same, there are a few common factors in an injury to the right side of the head. Most importantly, the right side of the brain houses the imaginative and creative brain functions, and is the center of conceptual thinking.
As a result, a right side brain injury in KY may cause any or all of the following symptoms:
- Visual memory issues (such as facial recognition)
- Altered perception of art and music
- Inability to perform “big picture” thinking or understand complex concepts
- Difficulty processing spatial relations
- Inability to recognize and understand deficits
- Hand-eye coordination problems
- Loss of control over the left side of the body
In addition to suffering altered right-brain functions, victims may experience problems with processes that are spread out over the two halves of the brain. Patients may suffer a reduction in cognitive speed, become confused easily, have difficulty paying attention or concentrating for long periods and trouble recalling information.
It may take some time to adapt and cope with your injury, and you will likely need months off of work and regular hospital exams to ensure your brain is healing normally. Our Louisville head injury attorneys can help you get compensation for your ongoing medical costs and loss of income, and you owe us nothing unless we win your case. Contact Gray and White today at 800.634.8767 or fill out the contact form on the top of this page to find out your legal options.