Unfortunately, the reality is that elder abuse and neglect does take place far too often. If you believe that someone you love was a victim, contact a Kentucky nursing home abuse attorney as soon as possible.
There are several ways, however, that you can increase the chance of finding a good nursing home. Taking the time to thoroughly look into each one will be important.
Here are some tips on how to look for a good nursing home facility:
- ask others who have personal knowledge of facilities they would recommend;
- check with a local agency that provides a list of nursing homes;
- find a local ombudsman who can offer some suggestions;
- check Consumer Reports for a listing of nursing home facilities that are rated by quality;
- remember that nonprofit facilities are usually better than for-profit facilities;
- visit several nursing home centers (and visit them more than once, at different times of the day);
- ask to see the facility’s state inspection report;
- talk with the administrator about the staff (including staff turnover, training, education, experience); and
- get involved.
Despite your best efforts, if you have found that your loved one has suffered elder abuse at the hands of a nursing home facility, it may be time to seek legal action. Speak with a Kentucky nursing home abuse attorney today.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.