My spouse is in a vegetative state. Do I need to wait until she recovers or dies to consider legal action?

Request Your Free Consultation

I am so sorry to hear that your spouse is in such serious condition. It can be very difficult to know what to do or where to turn for help when your spouse is unresponsive in a Louisville hospital bed. It can be very difficult to do anything beyond sit by her bedside, think about your children, and think about the terrible accident on the beltway that started this tragic sequence of events.

You Don’t Have to Wait to Get Help

You understandably have questions about your wife’s legal rights. Whether a drunk driver hit her on I-264 or a trucker crashed into her on I-265, her rights are the same. She has the right to recover for past, current, and future medical expenses. As well as lost income, out-of-pocket costs, pain and suffering, and other damages. If she passes away from her injures then that right may pass to her estate.

You might not yet know the extent of the damages she will endure, but it is not too early to contact a lawyer. A lawyer can begin the accident investigation and advise you about what to do to protect your wife’s rights. A lawyer can answer your questions and remove some uncertainty from your life.

For more information, we invite you to browse the free resources on our website at your convenience and to subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on information that is important for Kentucky brain injury victims and their loved ones. Additionally, please contact us directly to have your individual questions answered and please accept our best wishes for your spouse’s full recovery.

Related Links: