It never hurts to be informed. If you know the signs of brain injury, you will be much more likely to keep the severity to a minimum. Time is of the essence when treating brain injuries.
According to WebMD, symptoms of brain damage fall into four categories.
- difficulty processing information, expressing thoughts, and understanding others;
- a shortened attention span;
- the inability to understand abstract concepts;
- difficulty making decisions; and
- loss of memory.
- a change in vision, hearing, or sense of touch;
- disorders of smell and taste;
- spatial disorientation;
- trouble sensing the concept of time;
- lack of balance; and
- increased sensitivity to pain.
- continual headaches;
- heightened mental or physical fatigue;
- sensitivity to light;
- difficulty sleeping;
- speech problems; and
- loss of consciousness.
- irritability and impatience;
- less stress tolerance;
- noticeably flat or heightened emotional reactions;
- denial that anything is wrong; and
- increased aggressiveness.
If someone’s actions or negligence led to your loved one’s brain injury in Kentucky, contact Gray and White Law. Call us at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456, and we’ll set up a FREE, no-obligation consultation with you.