If your loved one has recently been killed in a crash on the Gene Snyder Freeway, then you might be wondering about the protocol for contacting a wrongful death lawyer. Should you wait a certain amount of time after your loved one’s funeral? Should you gather specific information from the Louisville Police, or from your loved one’s doctors before contacting a lawyer? Should you wait until you hear from the insurance company?
There Is No Magic Moment
There is no one moment that is perfect for you to contact an attorney after your loved one died in an I-265 crash. Some families prefer to call an attorney from the accident scene, or immediately thereafter, while other families need to wait until after the funeral. You need to do what is best for you and your family.
However, there are some advantages to contacting a lawyer as soon as possible after your loved one’s crash. Specifically:
- It may be easier to preserve evidence if a lawyer is called quickly.
- You don’t have to wonder about how to protect your rights.
- You do not have to worry about how long you have to file a lawsuit.
- You can get the information that you need.
Talking to a lawyer will not interfere with your grieving process, but it might help you navigate the legal aspects of your loved one’s fatal accident. For more information, please watch our free videos and contact us directly via this website to see how we can help you.
- Where 2014 Fatal Kentucky Accidents Happened
- Most Common Types of Fatal Crashes on KY Roads
- 10 Things We Already Know About Fatal Accidents in Kentucky This Year