It is easy to understand why you don’t want to get into a legal battle right now. Your focus is on getting the medical care that you need and adjusting to life with a spinal cord injury. That is as it should be. You may not feel like you have the energy to relive the accident on I-65 in Louisville or to advocate for a fair recovery.
But You Need to Know the Risks of Waiting
If you delay contacting a lawyer or pursuing legal action then you risk:
- Losing evidence – Important evidence in your case may be lost or destroyed if you wait too long to file a claim.
- Making mistakes – You may make unintended mistakes if you don’t know how to protect your legal rights. For example, the insurance company may be eager to settle your case and you need to know what to do about it.
- Waiting too long to ever file a claim – The Kentucky statute of limitations provides a time by which you have to file your case.
You don’t have to take these risks.
Pursing a Recovery Doesn’t Have to Be a Battle You Fight
Instead, you have the right to hire a lawyer to pursue a fair and just recovery on your behalf. That way you don’t have to take the risks described above and you don’t have the stress of handling your own case. You can continue to focus on your physical recovery while your attorney focuses on your legal recovery.
To learn more, please start a live chat with us right now or fill out our online contact form to have us reach out to you.
- Why Your Family Wants You to Fight for a Spinal Cord Injury Accident Recovery
- Long Term Costs of a Spinal Cord Injury
- The First 40 Days After a Spinal Cord Injury