https://www.grayandwhitelaw.com/practice_areas/kentucky-nursing-home-abuse-attorney-louisville-neglect-lawyer.cfm According to the Centers for Disease Control, between 50 percent and 75 percent of all nursing home patients fall each year—and many falls are never reported. These falls—which can cause serious injury and even death—can have many different causes. While some nursing home falls are the result of muscle weakness and advanced age, a significant number of falls are caused by the carelessness of the nursing home or should have been prevented by the nursing home.
If your senior loved one has been injured in a Kentucky nursing home fall, be sure to ask the following questions:
- Was this the first fall my elder loved one has suffered at the nursing home?
- Was the fall caused by a hazard in the nursing home, such as a wet floor or bad lighting?
- Was there a staff member present during the fall accident?
- Could the fall be related to a medication my elder loved one was taking?
- Does the nursing home have safety features to prevent falls?
- What measures were in place, such as floor pads, to protect my loved one from fall injuries?
- Did my elder loved one fall while wondering?
- Could the fall injury be related to elder abuse?
- How was my elder loved one treated medically after the fall injury?
Your elder loved one’s nursing home has a responsibility to keep its residents reasonably safe from falls and to get immediate medical attention to those who have suffered fall injuries. Remember, your loved one’s fall could be a sign of nursing home abuse or neglect.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.