If you child has cerebral palsy, long-term care will be needed to help manage the disorder. While there is no cure for this disorder, comprehensive medical treatment can help to manage the complications associated with cerebral palsy. 

The necessary medical team might include any of the following specialists: 

  • pediatrician or physiatrist to handle your child's overall medical care and treatment plan;
  • pediatric neurologist who has a thorough knowledge of cerebral palsy;
  • orthopedist to treat cerebral palsy's effects on your child's muscles and bones;
  • occupational therapist to help your child develop skills for everyday activities such as brushing their teeth or grasping a pencil;
  • developmental therapist to assist your child in developing social and interpersonal skills as well as behaviors appropriate for their age;
  • mental health provider to help your child effectively cope with cerebral palsy;
  • social worker to provide assistance with planning care and accessing services; and
  • special education teacher to determine your child's educational needs and to provide educational resources. 

Medical expenses can be costly for a child with cerebral palsy. If your child sustained cerebral palsy as the result of a birth injury in Kentucky, a Kentucky birth injury lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation to effectively manage this disorder. 

Contacting a Kentucky Birth Injury Lawyer

If your child has suffered cerebral palsy because of medical malpractice, you shouldn't have to pay for expensive medical bills that were caused by another person's negligence A Kentucky birth injury lawyer at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your birth injury claim. If your child has been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210-8942.

Matthew L. White
Connect with me
Founder & Partner of Louisville Personal Injury Law Firm Gray & White Law
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment

Contact Gray & White

Call 888-450-4456 or fill out this form to request a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
No Fee Policy

Free Books

Blog Subscribe to our RSS Feed