When you file a personal injury claim in Kentucky, you will be notifying the insurance company of your demands for compensation. This is called a demand letter.
Your demand letter should contain certain elements that could impact the strength of your claim. It may be in your best interest to obtain help, if you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in Louisville, from a personal injury attorney.
Here are some important elements of a demand letter:
- reason for filing the claim;
- evidence you may have (statements from witnesses, police/accident report, etc.);
- why the other party is at fault for your injuries and any testimony you have that backs up your claims;
- supporting documentation (attached to the demand letter);
- statement that you are not at fault (partially or wholly);
- list of economic losses (medical bills, lost earnings, etc.);
- list of non-economic losses (pain and suffering, impact on quality of life, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, etc.); and
- amount of settlement you are seeking.
The strength of your demand letter could make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. This is why seeking legal counsel may be in your best interest. A Louisville personal injury attorney can not only help with your demand letter but they can explain the process of filing a personal injury claim in Kentucky.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.