Your demand letter should contain certain elements that could impact the strength of your claim. It may be in your best interest to obtain help, if you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in Louisville, from a personal injury attorney.
Here are some important elements of a demand letter:
- reason for filing the claim;
- evidence you may have (statements from witnesses, police/accident report, etc.);
- why the other party is at fault for your injuries and any testimony you have that backs up your claims;
- supporting documentation (attached to the demand letter);
- statement that you are not at fault (partially or wholly);
- list of economic losses (medical bills, lost earnings, etc.);
- list of non-economic losses (pain and suffering, impact on quality of life, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, etc.); and
- amount of settlement you are seeking.
The strength of your demand letter could make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. This is why seeking legal counsel may be in your best interest. A Louisville personal injury attorney can not only help with your demand letter but they can explain the process of filing a personal injury claim in Kentucky.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.