According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), sexual abuse in the nursing home is any type of non-consensual sexual contact with a resident, including sexual contact with someone who is incapable of consenting. Sexual abuse includes the following:
- unwanted touching;
- all types of sexual assault or battery, such as rape and sodomy;
- coerced nudity; and
- sexually explicit photographing.
If your mother won’t divulge the reason for her discomfort around this man, you may need to do some detective work. Talk to the caregivers who regularly take care of your mother and see what they have to say about the man. Speak to your mother’s physician. Tell him your concerns, and ask him or her to examine your mother.
Symptoms of sexual abuse include
- bruises on the breasts or in the genital area;
- unexplained venereal disease;
- unexplained genital infections; and
- underwear that is ripped or bloody.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.