You got on your all-terrain vehicle (ATV) ready for adventure. You weren’t headed to school, to work, or even to the store. Instead, you were headed out for some fun. The last thing you expected was to be headed for University Hospital or another Louisville medical facility. Yet—you had no choice.
You Do Have a Choice as to How You Handle the Accident
If you are hurt in an ATV accident in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, Mine Made Paradise Adventure Park, or anywhere else in Kentucky then it is important to know what to do on the day of your crash and in the days and weeks to come. Specifically, it is important to:
- Take pictures of the accident scene. The pictures may provide important evidence about what happened.
- Keep the ATV as it was immediately following the accident. If the ATV was not yours then it is important to put the owner on notice to preserve the vehicle. That way if there was a mechanical failure or other defect it will be discovered during an investigation.
- Get the medical care that you need. This includes not only emergency medical care, but also ongoing medical treatment for your serious injuries.
- Not talk directly to insurers. What you say can impact your recovery.
- Call a lawyer. An attorney can help you protect your rights and get the recovery that you deserve.
Of course, there may be other specific steps that you should take based on the unique circumstances of your ATV accident.
Don’t Make a Mistake You’ll Regret
Instead, take the time to talk to your doctors about how best to protect your physical recovery and to talk to your lawyer about how best to protect your legal recovery. Then, you can stay in control of the situation and make an educated decision about your future. Please start an online chat with us now to learn more.
- 7 Serious Injuries That May Result From an ATV Accident
- What to Do If Your Child Is Killed in an ATV Accident