Accidents involving trucks are often catastrophic and sadly, many are preventable. If you or a loved one has been severely injured in a truck accident in Nicholasville, our skilled team at Gray and White Law can help you file a claim for compensation. Get started today with a free consultation by calling (502) 210-8942 or completing our online contact form.
Why Choose Our Nicholasville Truck Accident Lawyer?
- We have recovered millions on behalf of accident victims in Kentucky.
- We are not afraid to go up against commercial trucking companies or their insurance companies and will take them to trial if necessary.
- We understand the impact a truck accident can have on your life and will ensure you recover maximum compensation.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident cases can be complex due to various factors, such as federal regulations, multiple liable parties, and potential insurance issues. Along with recovering from an injury, dealing with the legal aspects can be overwhelming. An experienced truck accident lawyer can handle the legal side of your claim. They will thoroughly investigate the accident, collect evidence, and deal with the insurers on your behalf to negotiate and fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident in Nicholasville?
After a truck accident, there may be several liable parties, such as:
- The Truck Driver: If the truck driver’s negligence led to an accident. For instance, driving while texting, intentionally violating federal hours-of-service regulations that limit how long truckers can drive without a break, speeding, driving aggressively, etc.
- The Trucking Company: A trucking company’s negligence can cause or contribute to an accident—for example, by hiring inexperienced drivers, failing to perform background checks, failing to schedule regular vehicle inspections, etc.
- The Loading Companies: A cargo loading company can be held responsible for an accident if they contributed to it, for instance, by failing to ensure a truck is loaded correctly, improperly securing cargo, or loading it unevenly.
Types of Compensation Available After a Truck Accident
The types of compensation commonly available to truck accident victims and their families include:
- Current and future costs of medical treatment, including hospitalizations, procedures, medications, long-term care, and any other treatment you require.
- Lost wages while recovering.
- Loss of future income if you suffer a disability or permanent impairment diminishing your ability to earn an income.
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain and discomfort caused by your injuries.
- Emotional distress covers the psychological trauma resulting from the collision, such as anxiety, depression, etc.
- Loss of consortium is a spouse or family’s right to compensation for the impact the accident has had on their relationship with the victim.
Under Kentucky’s statute of limitations, you have two years to pursue a claim. If you fail to meet this deadline, you will likely lose your right to recover compensation.
We Can Handle Your Nicholasville Truck Accident Claim
Call Gray and White Law at (502) 210-8942 or message us online if you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a crash involving a truck. Our Nicholasville Truck Accident Attorney offers a free, no-obligation consultation.