Car accidents occur suddenly and the aftereffects can be serious and long lasting. If you have been involved or injured in a car accident, having an experienced attorney by your side is important if you want to obtain compensation for your losses. At Gray and White Law, our attorneys have extensive experience Contact Gray and White Law for a free consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can help you secure the compensation you deserve. Call (502) 210-8942 or fill out our online contact form today.
Why Choose Our Shepherdsville Car Accident Attorney?
- We have extensive experience and have recovered millions in compensation on behalf of clients.
- Our attorneys provide compassionate support throughout the entire legal process.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless we win your case.
Why You Need a Lawyer
The aftermath of a car accident is overwhelming. Hiring a car accident lawyer can be critical to your peace of mind since they will handle all legal aspects of your case while you recover. An attorney possesses a deep understanding of the intricacies of car accident laws and insurance policies. They can help you gather crucial evidence, determine liability, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation. Furthermore, a skilled car accident lawyer can protect your rights and represent your interests in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Here are some common causes of car accidents in Shepherdsville:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the leading causes of collisions. It includes activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, or using in-car entertainment systems while driving.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or too fast for road conditions reduces reaction time and increases the severity of accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time.
- Reckless Driving: This includes aggressive behaviors like tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and disregarding traffic signals and signs.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, and poorly marked construction zones can contribute to accidents.
- Mechanical Failures: Car accidents can occur due to faulty brakes, tire blowouts, engine failures, or other mechanical issues.
Although Kentucky is a “choice” no-fault insurance state, your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may not be enough to fully cover your losses if you opt for a no-fault policy. As a result, you will likely have to file a claim against the at-fault party to recover the compensation you need.
Types of Compensation Available
Some of the common types of compensation available in a car accident claim include the following:
- Medical Expenses: This covers the cost of medical treatment related to the accident, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and future medical needs.
- Property Damage: This includes the cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any personal items that were damaged in the crash.
- Lost Wages: If you cannot work due, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you would have earned during that time.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In cases where the injuries are severe and result in a diminished ability to earn income in the future, you may be compensated for this loss.
- Pain and Suffering: This encompasses physical pain and emotional distress experienced as a result of the accident and its aftermath.
In rare cases, if the at-fault party’s actions were particularly egregious or reckless, the court may award punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior in the future.
Speak To a Trusted Lawyer Today
Our Shepherdsville Car Accident Attorney has the knowledge and resources to help you build a solid case to ensure you recover fair compensation. Call (502) 210-8942 or send us a message online to arrange a free consultation today.