When you are faced with the prospect that someone you love has suffered at the hands of a caregiver, you may feel unsure about what to do. At this point you may only have suspicions and your loved one may be either unwilling or unable to express what is going on.
It’s important to try and open up a dialogue, so that you can get to the bottom of what is going on. Knowing what to say to your loved one and how could make a difference.
Here are 5 tips on talking to someone you love about nursing home abuse or neglect:
- ask straight out if they are having a problem or if there is anything wrong;
- don’t dismiss or downplay any accusations that are raised;
- believe what they tell you;
- explain that if abuse or neglect has taken place, that they aren’t fault for it; and
- encourage them to accept support and help that is being offered.
Taking accusations of nursing home abuse or neglect seriously is important, as it could end up protecting them. When it has been confirmed that your loved one has suffered at the hands of a caregiver, then you may need to consult with a Louisville nursing home abuse attorney.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.