Accidents in the bathroom are quite common among the elderly. However, many of them could be avoided by following some safety tips. If your loved one was seriously injured due to the negligence of a caregiver or nursing home facility, then you may be entitled to collect compensation. You should speak with a Louisville nursing home lawyer as soon as possible.
Here are 6 bathroom safety tips for the elderly:
- use door locks that can be opened on both sides;
- leave a light on in the bathroom;
- turn the water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or below, in order to avoid scalding;
- put a non-skid mat inside the tub;
- install handrails on the sides of the toilet and the walls of the shower or bath; and
- make sure faucets are clearly marked, distinguishing between hot and cold.
When a fall occurs in a nursing home and it leads to serious or fatal injuries, you may be eligible to pursue a claim. When it can be shown that a nursing home facility and/or caregiver was careless or reckless, they may be held liable. Seek assistance from a Louisville nursing home lawyer to learn what your loved one’s rights are and how they can be protected.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.