Accidents in the bathroom are quite common among the elderly. However, many of them could be avoided by following some safety tips. If your loved one was seriously injured due to the negligence of a caregiver or nursing home facility, then you may be entitled to collect compensation. You should speak with a Louisville nursing home lawyer as soon as possible.
Here are 6 bathroom safety tips for the elderly:
- use door locks that can be opened on both sides;
- leave a light on in the bathroom;
- turn the water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or below, in order to avoid scalding;
- put a non-skid mat inside the tub;
- install handrails on the sides of the toilet and the walls of the shower or bath; and
- make sure faucets are clearly marked, distinguishing between hot and cold.
When a fall occurs in a nursing home and it leads to serious or fatal injuries, you may be eligible to pursue a claim. When it can be shown that a nursing home facility and/or caregiver was careless or reckless, they may be held liable. Seek assistance from a Louisville nursing home lawyer to learn what your loved one’s rights are and how they can be protected.
Contacting a Louisville Nursing Home Lawyer
A Louisville nursing home lawyer at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your nursing home abuse claim. If you believe someone you love has been the victim of abuse or neglect, contact us today for a FREE, no-commitment evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.