There are 4 ways you can protect your claim, with one being to keep an accident file.
This could include:
- photographs of your injuries
- photos of the accident scene;
- medical records;
- medical bills;
- a police report;
- the other driver's contact information;
- witness contact information;
- details of what led up to the accident;
- any correspondence with the insurance companies; and
- notes on your injuries, including pain and how it's affecting you on a daily basis.
The second way to protect your claim is to guard what you say to the insurance company. If you have any conversations with them, keep your answers simple and basic. Don't elaborate or say more than is necessary.
A third way to protect your claim is to refuse to have your statement recorded. Avoid signing a medical release authorization form, which allows the insurance company access to your medical records.
Finally, you can protect your Kentucky personal injury claim by consulting first with a Louisville personal injury attorney. An attorney will explain how you can protect your legal rights.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Louisville accident claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.