The initial time after an accident in Louisville is often hectic and confusing. Time is of the essence. Take legal action with a Louisville personal injury attorney promptly after the accident occurs. If this is your first time in an accident, you may wonder what needs to be done first.
Below are 5 simple steps that you should follow after an accident in Louisville:
- Collect evidence – Obtain records of all relevant information regarding the accident. This includes names, addresses and insurance information. Take photos of the location and the damage to vehicles.
- Keep a “diary” – After an accident, write an account of everything that happens. Include accident injuries, hospital visits, bills received, lost work, etc.
- Talk to witnesses -Get the contact information of any witnesses in case you need a statement to back up your claims.
- Take notes of all interactions – Keep detailed notes of interactions with insurance adjusters.
- Make your intentions known when filing a claim – When you decide to file a Kentucky personal injury claim with a personal injury attorney you must notify all parties involved in the accident.
Remember that your attorney can help you to handle some of these steps, such as giving notification of the personal injury claim.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Making one call could make the process of handling an accident in Louisville so much easier. A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210- 8942.