My baby was recently diagnosed with Shaken Baby Syndrome after an incident in his babysitter’s care. The state is pursuing child abuse charges. Should I also contact a Kentucky brain injury lawyer about filing a personal injury case?

Request Your Free Consultation

We are so sorry to hear about your baby’s traumatic brain injury at the hands of someone you trusted. The short answer to your question is yes, you should contact a Kentucky brain injury attorney about filing a personal injury case. Let us explain why.

Almost all children who are found to have a traumatic brain injury from Shaken Baby Syndrome suffer significant injuries. These injuries may require medical care now and in the future. They may require you to lose time from work now and in the future. They may limit your child’s ability to learn, to live independently and to work in the future. They may cause your child significant pain and emotional suffering. Other damages may also be incurred directly by your child or your family.

A criminal child abuse case, while critically important, will not compensate you for any of your financial injuries or your child’s pain and suffering. That is simply beyond the scope of a criminal case which focuses on the defendant’s potential guilt and not on your child’s potential recovery.

Accordingly, it is important to call a Kentucky brain injury lawyer to discuss your child’s rights and possible recovery. Please contact us today via this website or by calling 800.634.8767 or 502.210.8942 to learn more today.