When you believe that a loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse, finding the right Kentucky nursing home abuse attorney is a crucial step to take. While no attorney can guarantee you the results and compensation you desire regardless of success rates and testimonials, you can find an attorney who is the best fit for your case. Filing a Louisville nursing home abuse claim is a complex and delicate process, and the right attorney will help make sure everything is handled properly and with care.
A Louisville Nursing Home Abuse Claim
Before you hire an attorney you should realize that a nursing home abuse case is more complex than a general injury claim. It involves and relies on the negligence or abuse by an individual or facility.
Evidence of wrongdoing must be provided in order for your claim to have a chance at being successful. This evidence can be in the form of photographs, witness statements, medical records and expert testimony.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Kentucky Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
When looking into nursing home abuse attorneys, keep the following in mind to help narrow down the search:
- Ask your attorney about his or her education. Do not be afraid to ask this type of question. It is completely understandable for you to want to confirm that the attorney you choose has legitimate and proper training in the field of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- Your attorney must be able to collect the necessary evidence. The majority of your case will rest on the evidence found and documented. Without substantial evidence that proves your claim, your case will undoubtedly be denied.
- Make sure your attorney is capable of reviewing and evaluating the intricacies of your case. Many abuse cases are complex in nature and fall under a specialized area of law. You will want to make sure your attorney has experience in dealing with more complex matters.
- Your attorney must be knowledgeable. He or she must be well versed in the state and federal laws that regulate nursing home standards of conduct and outline the rights that all patients hold.
- Ask about fees and lawyer costs. The bottom line is that cost does matter. If an attorney is not upfront and honest about matters such as fees, then you have good reason to be skeptical of them. Do not be afraid to ask -- fees are definitely an important contributing factor for your decision.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.