Taking a long-distance trip during the winter can become dangerous if you aren’t prepared and don’t practice safe driving. Despite your best efforts, however, someone else may act in a careless or reckless manner and cause you to be injured in an accident in Louisville. If you sustained serious injuries, you should consult with a Louisville personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Here are 10 tips for driving long distance in the winter:
- tell someone where you’re going and when you’re expected to arrive;
- check the exhaust pipe to make sure it isn’t clogged with ice or snow;
- check ahead of time to find out what the weather is expected to be like;
- if weather conditions are expected to be dangerous, delay traveling;
- keep a cell phone handy and make sure it’s fully charged before leaving;
- have your vehicle inspected before taking a long trip;
- always keep at least half a tank of gas in your vehicle;
- avoid driving in isolated areas at night;
- if you become stuck, call someone for help; and
- if you’re snowbound, don’t leave your vehicle; stay with it.
These tips can make driving long distance in winter safer for you and your family.
Seek help from a Louisville personal injury attorney if you’d like to learn what legal options may be available after being injured in an accident. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210-8942.