When you are taking a new medication, it’s important to learn why it is being prescribed, how it should be taken, and any warnings or risks associated with it. This could help prevent a harmful drug interaction.
Here are 5 questions to ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking a new drug.
- Can this drug be taken with other medications or supplements? (List other medicines or supplements you are currently taking.)
- What are some possible signs of a harmful drug interaction?
- Are there certain beverages or foods that I should avoid while taking this medication?
- What potential side effects could be experienced?
- Is there a specific way the drug should be taken, including when and how much?
Arming yourself with as much information as you can about any new drugs you are being prescribed could possibly help you avoid serious consequences.
If, however, you believe that a pharmacist or doctor acted in a negligent manner and they were the cause for a harmful drug interaction or some other severe complication, you may need to seek legal counsel. Contact a Kentucky medication lawyer to learn if you have the right to file a claim and seek compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Contacting a Kentucky Medication Lawyer
A Kentucky medication lawyer at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your medication error claim. If you’ve become the victim of a medication error in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.