According to court records, the jury found both plaintiff and defendant responsible for the premise related accident, that is, the paralyzed plaintiff was determined 49% responsible and the apartment complex owner defendant was 51% liable for the injuries relating to the swimming pool incident. Based on the jury's liability split, the paralyzed man (now, a quadriplegic with limited use of his arms) received 51% of $12.4 million in damages. The defense lawyer plans to appeal the verdict claiming that the plaintiff's judgment at the time of the accident was impaired by alcohol and that but for his blood alcohol level the pool's depth was obvious. The victim, who expressed his hopes to continue writing songs by computer (and recently purchased a harmonica "so at least [he] can play an instrument") was a guitarist, singer and songwriter for the band formerly known as JVD who moved from New York to Texas two years before the accident.
Gray and White Law has helped many Kentucky families whose loved ones suffered serious and permanent injuries, or even death, due to a preventable premises related accident, catastrophe or freak incident. If you suspect that you, or a loved one, is the victim of someone else's mistake or negligence, then you should contact the experienced and highly-respected injury attorneys at our law firm. For decades, we have successfully obtained millions of dollars on behalf of clients by settling cases and winning trial verdicts, and are ready to learn about your injury claims and help with any questions or concerns you might have. Simply contact us for your free legal consultation by confidential e-mail or toll-free call at 1-888-450-4456.
Comments are closed.
Search Our Site
Contact Gray & White
Call 888-450-4456 or fill out this form to request a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
- Posted on 05/27/2019Holding Negligent Louisville Food Truck Drivers Accountable
- Posted on 05/13/2019Traumatic Brain Injuries Can Cause Epilepsy
- Posted on 05/09/2019Lack of Dental Care Dangerous for KY Nursing Home Residents
- If you have a complicated medical malpractice case they are THE choice. They won my case when other firms couldn't figure out what happened. M.Cantor - Owensboro, KY
- Gray and White Law investigated the nursing home records from top to bottom. The other side was overwhelmed by their tenacity and skill. M.Cole - Shelbyville, KY
- Gray and White's mastery of the legal system and medical malpractice law was amazing. They successfully resolved my case after many other firms had turned me down. J. Hollis - New Albany, IN