Can I file a Kentucky medical malpractice claim if I sustained injuries after being given the wrong medication?

Request Your Free Consultation

If you can demonstrate that someone else’s negligence caused you to be injured by the wrong medication, you may be able to file a medical malpractice claim. For help in determining the validity of your claim, contact a Kentucky medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case.

There are different circumstances under which a patient may be given the wrong medication. One is when a doctor prescribes it.

In a rush, a doctor may not take the time to ensure the prescription being written is correct, or the writing may be illegible. This can be especially dangerous when some medications have similar-looking names.

Another cause for a doctor prescribing the wrong medication is if you were given an incorrect diagnosis. Receiving unnecessary treatment could lead to serious injuries.

A pharmacist also could be the cause of you receiving the wrong medication. This can happen when the pharmacist doesn’t verify the correct prescription with the doctor, when letters get transposed or the pharmacist gives you someone else’s medication.

Nurses also can be responsible for administering the wrong medication, whether it’s through an IV, an injection or a pill. Any healthcare provider who acts in a negligent manner and gives you the incorrect type of drug could potentially be found liable.

No matter which party or parties are responsible, you could be entitled to compensation through a medical malpractice claim. You will need to prove that negligence led to your injuries and that they are severe enough to warrant the time and cost of pursuing a claim.

Contacting a Kentucky Medical Malpractice Attorney

A Kentucky medical malpractice attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your medical malpractice claim. If you’ve become the victim of a medication error in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210-8942.