If you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Louisville, Kentucky, you should know what to do. Your choices could impact the outcome of your case significantly if you were injured and decide to pursue a claim against the other party. A Louisville auto accident lawyer can help.
Here are some things you should do after being involved in a motorcycle accident:
- Always check to see if anyone was injured.
- If you were injured, seek immediate medical attention.
- Never leave the scene of the accident.
- Never admit fault or even suggest you know what caused the accident; leave that to the police.
- If you are able to, get contact information of the other driver and any witnesses of the accident.
- Take or obtain pictures taken of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Don't agree to sign anything from the insurance company.
- Don't provide a statement to the insurance company.
- Show up for all your medical appointments.
- Keep track of your medical treatment (hospitalization, surgery, doctor visits, prescription medication, etc.).
- Seek help from a lawyer who handles motorcycle accident claims.
Failure to know the right thing to do could lead to your claim being diminished or even denied. Injuries from a motorcycle accident in Louisville, Kentucky, are often serious, causing your medical bills to spiral out of control. You will want to seek help from a Louisville auto accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contacting a Louisville Auto Accident Lawyer
A Louisville auto accident lawyer at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky personal injury claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210- 8942.