We don’t know what happened to all of the Kentucky medical malpractice (or their survivors) who filed claims in 2012. We don’t know how many of them suffered lifelong injuries and we don’t know how many of them died.
Here Is What We Do Know
We know how many people had their Kentucky medical malpractice claims resolved, we know the total amount they resolved those claims for, and we know why it was important that they sought justice.
In 2012, the following claims were resolved according to the Kentucky Department of Insurance:
- 226 claims against medical doctors
- 127 claims against medical facilities
- 16 claims against doctors of osteopathic medicine
- 15 claims against doctors of dental surgery and dental science
- 9 claims against doctors of dental medicine
- 7 claims against pharmacists
- 7 claims against registered nurses
- 4 claims against podiatrists
- 2 claims against chiropractors
- 2 claims against physician’s assistants
These 415 Kentucky medical malpractice claims settled for approximately $96.3 million.
Why You Should Pursue a Kentucky Medical Malpractice Claim
The harm has already been done. However, medical malpractice victims and their survivors have a right to fight for their recoveries. They have a legal right to be compensated for the harm caused by a medical professional’s or medical facility’s negligence. They have a right to hold those responsible accountable for the harm that has been done.
Do you know someone who was hurt by a medical professional or facility in Kentucky? They may feel like they are fighting a losing battle. They may need to know that they are not alone. Please share this post with them and let them know that other Kentuckians have recovered for claims against many different types of medical professionals. Together, we can work to help medical malpractice victims, or their survivors, in Kentucky.
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim?
- Is a Hospital Ever Guilty of Medical Malpractice in Kentucky?