I marvel at how lucky—and how cursed—we are to be alive at this point in history. Think about it….
- Just about anything you want to know is available at your fingertips, thanks to computers and the Internet.
- Many medical conditions that once came with a death sentence are now able to be cured or even prevented with vaccinations.
- Whereas once it took months to cross the United States, you can get to anyplace on the planet within a day or so.
Those are the positives; now for the negatives:
- It’s easier than ever to kill large numbers of people just by pressing a button.
- Morals and values are getting obscured in our attempts to accept everything and everyone.
- Research findings indicate that one in ten seniors has suffered some type of abuse at least once.
If you are planning to live to a ripe old age, and you aren’t concerned yet, consider these statistics that were reported last month in USA Today:
- The number of people in America age 65 and older will nearly double by 2030.
- The number of people 85 years old and older is increasing even faster.
- The number of elderly people being abused, neglected, or exploited is estimated to be 2 million annually—and this is probably a conservative estimate.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.