I marvel at how lucky—and how cursed—we are to be alive at this point in history. Think about it….
- Just about anything you want to know is available at your fingertips, thanks to computers and the Internet.
- Many medical conditions that once came with a death sentence are now able to be cured or even prevented with vaccinations.
- Whereas once it took months to cross the United States, you can get to anyplace on the planet within a day or so.
Those are the positives; now for the negatives:
- It’s easier than ever to kill large numbers of people just by pressing a button.
- Morals and values are getting obscured in our attempts to accept everything and everyone.
- Research findings indicate that one in ten seniors has suffered some type of abuse at least once.
If you are planning to live to a ripe old age, and you aren’t concerned yet, consider these statistics that were reported last month in USA Today:
- The number of people in America age 65 and older will nearly double by 2030.
- The number of people 85 years old and older is increasing even faster.
- The number of elderly people being abused, neglected, or exploited is estimated to be 2 million annually—and this is probably a conservative estimate.
Have a nice day!☺
Nursing home abuse and neglect must not be allowed to continue. Call Gray and White Law at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456 to set up a FREE, no-obligation consultation with one of our Kentucky nursing home abuse lawyers.