Proving fault in a negligence claim in Kentucky can be hard to do. You should speak to a Louisville auto accident attorney if you were in an accident that was not your fault. There are some important pieces of evidence to collect to help prove that someone else was responsible in your negligence claim in Kentucky.
Evidence to Collect to Help Prove Negligence in a Car Accident
Your Louisville auto accident attorney will do most of the footwork but there are some pieces of evidence that you can help them collect:
- pictures and video of the accident scene, especially posted signs with the speed limit and/or instructions;
- eye witness accounts and contact information because if anyone saw the other person breaking the law, you will want to have their statement and contact information for later use; and
- copies of police reports. If an officer writes a citation to the other driver or notes negligent behavior, this may be able to help your case.
This information could help demonstrate that the other driver involved in your car crash was negligent. A negligent driver on the road can be dangerous and might cause expensive damages to your vehicle and serious injuries.
Negligent driving can be caused by a variety of different things:
- distracted driving (texting, eating etc.);
- failure to obey the law (speeding, reckless driving);
- impaired driving (drugs, alcohol or fatigue); and
- equipment failure (faulty brakes, burnt out lights, etc.).
Make sure when you are driving to be aware of any suspicious or reckless behavior that you see on the road so that you do not wind up the victim of a negligent driver. Call a Louisville auto accident attorney right away if you are engaged in an accident on the road that was not your fault. A negligence claim in Kentucky might be able to help you recover payment for your damages and injuries.
Contacting a Louisville Auto Accident Claim
You could be able to file a negligence claim in Kentucky if you have been injured because of a careless driver. A Louisville auto accident attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your negligence claim in Kentucky. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.