Choosing the right attorney after losing a close family member in a Kentucky car accident can be difficult. It is hard to focus on legal matters when you are grieving yourself and trying to help children and other family members deal with the tragedy.
That is why the personal injury attorneys at Gray & White Law have compiled a list of the top five questions you should ask before hiring a Louisville wrongful death attorney, to ensure that you will receive the proper representation for your family’s situation.
- Do I even need an attorney? Depending on the circumstances, you may not need a lawyer at all. A good, honest attorney will sit down with you, analyze your situation, and provide you with valid reasons why you do or do not need legal representation—all during a free case evaluation.
- What is your policy on client communication? Make sure that the attorney you choose to handle your wrongful death claim is accessible—encouraging you to call with questions, returning calls promptly, and scheduling regular updates so that you are aware of the status of your case.
- Do you work on a contingency basis? Attorneys that take on death cases typically do not require an attorney fee unless the case settles or is won at trial. This contingency fee agreement prevents the victim’s family from having to come up with thousands of dollars out-of-pocket and encourages the firm to stay focused on getting you the maximum compensation for your loss.
- Do you focus on personal injury cases? Finding an attorney that focuses on personal injury cases means the attorney has more experience he or she can put to work for you.
- Will I be responsible for ordering medical records or bills? For many people who have lost a loved one to tragic circumstances, the last thing they want to do is hunt down documents related to the accident or subsequent medical treatment. Make sure that your attorney is prepared to do that for you.
If you would like to find out how a Kentucky car accident attorney can help your family deal with the aftermath of a car accident resulting in death, contact the compassionate, experienced lawyers at Gray & White either by phone at 888-450-4456 or by filling out the contact form on our website.