Here are 5 ways to help protect children from overdosing on medication:
- store medicine in a location that is too high for the child to reach, preferably in a locked cabinet or container;
- ensure the safety cap is locked when closing a bottle of medicine;
- take the time to put medications away, even if you will be using it every few hours;
- never tell children that medicine tastes like candy in order to get them to take it; and
- ask guests in your home to keep any medications out of reach.
If your child was injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Louisville medication attorney to learn what your rights are.
Contacting a Louisville Medication Attorney
A Louisville medication attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky medication error claim. If you’ve become the victim of a medication error in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.