Posted on March 28, 2012Although no one can be guaranteed they won’t become the victim of a Louisville car accident, there are things you can do that may help prevent one from occurring. Preparing in advance can help significantly.
However, if, despite your best efforts, someone else acts in a careless or reckless manner and you sustain car accident injuries, you may need to speak with a Louisville personal injury attorney.
Here are 7 ways you can help prevent a car accident:
- get enough rest before driving, particularly when taking longer trips;
- avoid consuming alcohol before getting behind the wheel;
- give yourself enough time to get to your destination (which reduces the chance of speeding);
- refrain from aggressive driving/road rage (frequent lane changes, following another vehicle too closely);
- obey traffic laws and signals;
- be aware of how weather conditions can impact your travels; and
- avoid distractions (cell phones, GPS, changing radio dials, etc.).
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your car accident claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210-8942.