You wouldn’t expect a room in a Louisville nursing home to cost the same as, say, a one-bedroom apartment. I thought it would be interesting to make some cost comparisons to put the price into perspective.
Kentucky Nursing Home Costs
To begin with, let’s take a look at what a room in a Kentucky nursing home cost in 2012:
- The average cost of a semi-private room was $5,750.
- The average cost of a private room was $6,296.
My 17-year-old son is itching to get out on his own. Let’s see how much of an abode he could get in Louisville for $5,750, the cost of one month in a semi-private home in a Louisville nursing home:
- 7½ months in a one bedroom apartment
- Nearly 16 months—a year and a third—of his share of a two-bedroom apartment
- More than two years of his share of a two-bedroom house
Alternatives to Nursing Home Care
Now, if you are able to consider other forms of elder care, here is what you’re looking at per month:
- Homemaker or home health aide services cost $3,241.
- Adult day health care costs $1,274.
- A private, one-bedroom apartment in an assisted living facility costs $2,741.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.