I lost my 2-year-old daughter when she wandered into our neighbor’s yard in Louisville, unbeknownst to me, and apparently fell into their pool. I have no idea how she got into their yard—they have a good-sized fence. I don’t want to create an enemy out of a neighbor, but for a 2-year-old to get into a fenced yard, there must be an opening. Should I contact an attorney?

Request Your Free Consultation

Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. No parent should outlive his or her child.

I think that contacting a lawyer would be the best way to answer the questions and doubts you have. Facing the person who is responsible for the death of your daughter would not only be unbearably hard, it may not be fruitful. You really need an unbiased, totally impersonal investigator to look into the situation, and there is no way you could fill that role.

Make an appointment with an experienced Louisville wrongful death attorney. Most will meet with you for an initial consultation at no charge. Provide as much information as you have, including the names of any witnesses to the incident. Let the legal professionals use their resources and training to obtain the truth.

Nothing can replace a life. If someone has, by his or her actions, robbed you of the precious life of a loved one, get yourself a lawyer in Kentucky who has experience with wrongful death lawsuits. Call Gray and White Law at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456 to set up a FREE, no-obligation consultation.