Forbes published “Eight Tips For Finding A Home For Your Elderly Parents” on their website. Here are their suggestions:
- Figure out what type of place your parents need and what your family can afford.
- Adult day care provides socialization and some daily living supervision at a monthly average charge of $1,322.
- An independent living facility costs about $2,500 a month.
- An assisted living facility provides help with dressing, eating, and bathing, but no complex medical care. The charge? $3,400 per month.
- A nursing home provides health care 24 hours a day, plus daily living assistance, for more than $6,000 a month.
- Involve your parents in the decision—if they are up to it.
- If you are considering hiring an eldercare consultant, ask how he or she gets paid. Also, ask for references.
- Make sure the facility is a good fit for your parents socially.
- Conduct your own onsite inspection of any facility before signing up your parents.
- Research the Medicare and state evaluations for the facilities you are considering.
- Read the facility’s contract carefully.
- Above all, plan ahead. If you have to find a place in a hurry, you won’t be able to do sufficient research.
Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, your loved one is a victim of abuse in a Kentucky nursing home.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.