We are so sorry for the loss of your loved one. After a death in the family, it can be hard to know where to turn or who to trust–especially if you are faced with hundreds of attorneys all promising you huge returns on your wrongful death case.
The key to choosing a reputable attorney is to find one who will give you specific, useful information on your case starting from your first contact with him. In your first phone call, your attorney should be able to explain to you how he plans to build your case, including:
- Getting copies of the accident report from the police
- Obtaining copies of your relative’s medical records and death certificate to prove cause of death
- Examining the wrecked vehicles and other physical evidence of the crash
- Interviewing key witnesses, including those who saw the accident and any medical providers who treated your family member after the crash
- Discussion of criminal charges, if drunk driving or negligence was a factor in the accident
- Estimating financial and marital losses as a result of the death
In addition to doing all of the casework for you, your attorney should also work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will not have to pay him anything until after your case is complete–and even then, you will only pay if he wins your case.
If someone you loved died after a Louisville car accident, the law team at Gray and White can help you seek justice. Call us today at 800.634.8767 for answers to all of your legal questions in your FREE, one-on-one consultation with an attorney.