You have your cell phone in hand, and you are ready to take pictures, but what exactly are you supposed to be capturing? Whether you are still at the accident scene, or you are taking pictures of your injuries or property damage later, here a few simple tips for taking pictures that may be useful to your truck accident case.
How to Take Pictures After a Truck Crash
If you are physically able to do so safely, it is important to take pictures of:
- All of the vehicles involved in the wreck
- Street signs or traffic signals near the crash scene
- Road and weather conditions
- Your injuries
- The license plate, driver’s license, and insurance cards for all other vehicles and drivers
When you take the pictures, you can:
- Take the photos from multiple angles
- Focus the camera to make sure the pictures are sharp and identifiable
- Insert a time and date stamp, if possible
- Not spend any time worrying about smiling or your appearance. You want authentic photos that capture what is happening at the accident scene rather than staged photos.
Photos Are Helpful—But You Can Still Win a Truck Crash Case Without Them
While truck accident pictures may be useful, the failure to take these photos does not prevent your recovery. Sometimes, you may be seriously injured, your cell phone may not be working, or you may be overwhelmed and unable to take the right photos.
Other types of evidence may allow you to prove that the trucker or trucking company was negligent. This evidence could include a police report, accident reconstructionist testimony, electronic monitoring data from the truck, trucking company records, and more.
Additionally, you may be able to get photos of the accident from other sources, such as:
- The police
- News media
- Social media
- The trucking company
- Nearby businesses
Have You Been Injured In A Truck Accident?
If you've been injured in a truck accident you need to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Louisville office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.