There are steps that you must take after an accident in Louisville in order to protect your Kentucky personal injury claim. After an accident in Louisville you may need to file a personal injury claim for your sustained injuries and damages. You may choose to seek assistance from an attorney who focuses on Kentucky person injury claims so that he or she can help you build a solid case to recover your damages.
These are some dos and don’ts for your Kentucky personal injury claim:
- Take action quickly and appropriately.
- Collect evidence to compile an accident file (this will hold all paperwork. related to the accident, photographs of the accident and damages, witness contact information, police reports, bills from your sustained injuries, receipts for expenses related to the accident, etc.).
- Keep a journal that tracks your injury and your daily progression.
- Keep notes that summarize or outline conversations you have corresponding with insurance companies.
- Agree to have an insurance adjuster record your conversations.
- When you do speak to an insurance adjuster, speak in short and clear answers.
- Let your emotions, stress or confusion overwhelm you and cloud your judgment.
While this may seem like a lot to keep in mind, hiring a Kentucky personal injury attorney to help you with your case will alleviate that pressure. He or she will help keep you on track with building your case and advocate for the best results for your Kentucky personal injury claim.
Contacting a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Making one call could make the process of handling an accident in Louisville so much easier. A Louisville personal injury attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.