What is the Kentucky open records law and how do I request records?

Request Your Free Consultation

The Kentucky open records law allows you access to records that the government has retained. You may request records by sending a letter to the Inspector General or the Department for Community Based Services. If you need help in pursuing a claim as a result of nursing home abuse or neglect, then you will need to consult with an attorney in Kentucky who handles these types of cases.

The following are some of the items you may request under the Kentucky open records laws: 

  • continuous quality assessments;
  • complaints;
  • allegations of compliance;
  • investigations;
  • type A or B citations;
  • reports;
  • plans of correction;
  • complaint resolutions; and
  • statements of deficiencies. 

An open records request can be filed if you don’t believe that you are receiving all of the information you are entitled to. 

However, there may be limitations in what you can receive because of confidentiality with regard to financial and medical information. There may be other limitations as well.

While you may be entitled to most records the government keeps, you could still find yourself dealing with other difficulties when your loved one has been involved in a case of nursing home abuse or neglect. 

Your next step should be to seek legal counsel from an attorney in Kentucky who handles nursing home abuse and neglect cases. When your loved one has suffered serious injuries, then compensation may be available that addresses this. Don’t delay in getting the legal help you need in order to protect your loved one’s rights.

Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?

If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.