If abuse or neglect is occurring and your loved one is a victim then it is important to be patient and encouraging. You need to know what is going on but you cannot scare your loved one into talking to you. Instead, you can consider:
- Talking quietly and in private with your loved one.
- Reassuring your loved one that you are safe and trustworthy.
- Letting your loved one know that help may be available if she is being abused and that she does not have to live in fear.
- Reminding your loved one that there is no shame in telling the truth about abuse or neglect.
- Convincing your loved one that she is not making your life more difficult by admitting the truth.
In some cases, these tips might work and your loved one may tell you the truth about what is going on. However, in other cases you may have to rely on the physical evidence, the changes in your loved one, and your gut instinct in order to investigate whether abuse or neglect is occurring.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.