After you and your Louisville accident attorney have begun the Kentucky personal injury claim process by filing the complaint with the court, a summons will be sent to the defendant and a timeframe will be established for the defendant to respond. Failure to do so will place the defendant in “default” and typically result in an automatic win for the plaintiff.
Kentucky Personal Injury Claim and the Discovery Process
American law dictates that all the facts of a Kentucky personal injury claim, or any other type of case, be made available to the parties involved before the proceedings begin. This process can be both time-consuming and expensive if experts are required.
Take note of the following:
- written discovery questions frequently take the form of interrogatories, printed questions that ask about the specific facts of your case and your version of the claims;
- document production pertains to the rule that any involved party is entitled to see the documents related to a case, such as medical records;
- depositions are sworn statements made before an attorney;
- everything related to the accident will come out through the discovery process; and
- dishonesty is the shortest route to losing your Kentucky personal injury claim, so always be honest.
Settling Your Kentucky Personal Injury Claim
Kentucky personal injury claims that most likely go to trial without being settled are those in which the matter of fault is contested by both sides or when the injuries involved are very serious and the damages claimed are substantial.
Your Louisville accident attorney will be able to advise you on the appropriateness of the proposed settlement, and remember that there are many factors to take into consideration, such as the likelihood of winning, and the time and resources required to go through with a full lawsuit. Your Louisville accident attorney will defend your rights and fight for your fair compensation, so always keep the lines of communication open.
Time is of the Essence – Start Your Claim Today
A Louisville accident attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact the Louisville accident attorney team to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation evaluation of your case – 888-450-4456.