Kentucky’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program handles the concerns of nursing home residents and family members, and advocates for their rights and well-being. If you feel that your loved one has been the victim of neglect or abuse, in addition to working with your local ombudsman, you’ll likely need to consult with a Louisville nursing home abuse attorney to file a claim.
Issue Concerning Kentucky’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
A Louisville nursing home abuse attorney can help you investigate your case, and refer you to your local ombudsman who can provide you with information concerning the following issues:
- violations of residents’ rights or dignity;
- any type of abuse, including physical, mental, or verbal;
- poor care, such as inadequate hygiene and slow response to requests for assistance;
- improperly handled discharges or transfers of residents;
- chemical or physical restraints that were not physician-mandated; and
- residents’ concerns over quality of care or quality of life.
You shouldn’t hesitate contacting your local Kentucky ombudsman or a nursing home lawyer if you feel your loved one isn’t being treated with care and dignity. The elderly population has rights that shouldn’t be neglected, and fortunately, there are elderly care advocates who can help.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.