The time may come when you need to seek the care of a nursing home facility for an elderly loved one. Be aware of the signs of nursing home abuse in Kentucky.
It is important to remember sometimes abuse is indirect and may come in the form of neglect.
Some of the most common signs of nursing home abuse in Louisville include:
- Unexplained injuries (this includes but is not limited to: bruises, cuts, burns, sprains, fractures, broken bones or injuries that cannot be linked to the patient's preexisting condition);
- Sudden changes in behavior, personality or mood;
- Staff disallowing a patient visitors for a particular amount of time;
- Disallowing a resident to be alone with a visitor (indicates that the patient may disclose information regarding abuse);
- Keeping the patient in an over-medicated and semi-sedated state;
- Sudden loss or misplacement of a patient's possessions; and
- Sudden financial action, withdrawals or abnormal activity from the patient.
If you have reasonable concern that a loved one is being abused, Kentucky nursing home abuse lawyers can help you to determine whether the signs of nursing home abuse that you have witnessed may warrant a full investigation and legal action in the form of a claim.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.