Everyone enjoys the beautiful lights of a Christmas tree; however, they can become a hazard leading to serious injuries in Louisville. By following some simple tips, you can make your holiday not only fun but safe.
Here are 6 tree lighting safety tips:
- always turn lights off before you leave the house or turn in for bed;
- use safety-certified lights;
- never overload extension cords or outlets in the wall;
- use indoor lights only on the tree;
- examine lights for frays, loose connections, or broken sockets; and
- ensure fresh tree is kept watered so it doesn’t dry out causing a fire.
Lights can lead to serious, even fatal injuries. Fires, shocks, and other hazards could result in devastating consequences. If you believe that someone else acted in a negligent manner and you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result, compensation may be available. If you believe a defect was the cause of injuries, then you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer.
Compensation could address your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, death benefits and more. You should speak to a Louisville, KY personal injury attorney to discuss your case.
Contacting a Louisville, KY Personal Injury Attorney
A Louisville, KY personal injury attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.