When your loved one has been injured as a result of Kentucky nursing home neglect or Kentucky nursing home abuse, you may be wondering what your next step should be.
You should consult with a Louisville nursing home abuse attorney so you can determine if you have a valid claim worth pursuing. Your loved one deserves to have their legal rights protected.
Passed in 2010, the Elder Justice Act can help protect residents from Kentucky nursing home neglect and Kentucky nursing home abuse in the following ways:
- increase attention to issues surrounding elder justice;
- improve information concerning elder neglect, abuse and financial exploitation;
- increase knowledge of this problem and provide support to projects that will help keep elders safer;
- create programs that better identify cases of elder neglect, abuse and financial exploitation;
- provide support to those elders who are considered at risk, along with places of safety;
- increase ability to prosecute cases of elder neglect, abuse or financial exploitation; and
- improve training to prevent elder neglect, abuse and financial exploitation.
These are just some of the efforts being made but there is much more you should know about the Elder Justice Act. A Louisville nursing home abuse attorney can explain how this legislation works and what you should do if your loved one has been the victim of Kentucky nursing home neglect or Kentucky nursing home abuse.
Contacting a Louisville Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
A Louisville nursing home abuse attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky nursing home neglect claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.